Friday, August 26, 2005

When can I get Google XP?

Like everyone else, I am smitten with all things Google. Those guys are out to take over the Internets, and I'm totally fine with that. At least, as long as they keep coming out with so many stellar little programs. The newest Google feature is their Google Talk Instant Messenging service, which has already been blocked by my crafty Firm's Websense software. Bastards! But even cooler than Talk, in my opinion, is the new Google Desktop 2.0. This shit is very cool. It basically puts a sidebar in Windows (or on your taskbar, if you like) that displays all kinds of useful info. It is very customizable, of course. I've got mine showing headlines from some of my favorite websites, the weather in my area, and a nice little mini-slideshow from my pictures folder. The best part, though, is the Google powered search of your hard drive. Now, I'm a pretty organized guy, and it is rare that I can't find a file on my hard drive... but I can see how this would be extremely useful to the less organized of us out there. Oh yeah and this badboy shows me my Gmail too (no need for the Gmail notifier anymore!). Slowly but surely, all the cool little Google tools are merging into one SuperGooogle. By the way, you can even personalize the actual Google homepage to your liking, now (Go ahead, try it). So, do I sound like an ad for Google yet? Eh, why not, they already own Blogger. Hat tip to Mr. Donkey McDonkerton for the Google tip-off.

3 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger dumpoplex said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Jason said...

This blog is Super Duper!!

Google operating system by 2008...without a doubt.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger The Redonkulous Linker said...

Welcome to the common-man's blogosphere, where our posts have no literary value and Haiku is just another Japanese word that don't mean shit. I think you will like it here very much. Blog away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home