Thursday, September 15, 2005

Video Ipods coming soon?

There has long been speculation that Apple would introduce a video Ipod, and also a video download service for ITunes. At this point I think it is pretty much inevitable that at least one of those two things will happen. And now it appears that Itunes has quietly introduced support for video podcasts (or vodcasts). Of course you can't put them on your Ipod... yet. Frankly I'm not that excited about the idea of a video Ipod (let's face it, the screen is too small and I don't want to sit there and stare at my pod while I'm trying to navigate the Metro), but I think I would love a video download service built into ITunes so I could collect my favorite videos. What do you think?

4 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger dumpoplex said...

The itunes software is almost as awesome as the actual ipod. Its so damn smart. It will download in .mp3, then, burn cds in wavs so it can be played on anything, and make sandwiches.

I don't think the video ipod is a great idea either. I think ipod should partner up with Nintendo and create and ipod with portable gaming. I know there is the PSP, but the games take too long to play for portable use and the battery life sucks. I just want to play tecmo superbowl while listening to tool.

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. On both points. iTunes is just as impressive as the iPod itself in terms of features, etc. I think using it to watch videos will only sweeten the deal. Plus, since Apple has Quicktime to power it, it would be a logical next step.

As for watching videos on my iPod, I don't think that will take off. I currently have a free trial of VCAST on my new Verizon wireless phone and I hate it. Watching sports highlights on that thing is a big blur and anything else (like news for instance) is just too dull to watch. I'd rather just listen to a podcast and check out the scenery.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger subcontinental.giant said...

Did you guys know that iPods have a reset feature !

The other day my iPod crashed ! it wouldn't turn on and my iTunes would read it as plugged it in. I started crapping and peeing my pants. After cleaning up the mess I was told that if you hold down "Menu" and the "select" circle it will reset. Brilliant.

So glad I didn't have to buy a new iPod.

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger subcontinental.giant said...

I knew that the day after you ...bought... it... Shut up Richard !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home