Monday, September 19, 2005

Dead people here and there.

Whew, that was quite a weekend. Thanks to the boys from the Double One Tweezy for coming by and getting me drunk (and trashing my apartment).

After recovering from my hangover Saturday morning, I set out for the Metro to go meet my bandmates. On the way there I passed an alley, where a couple of people were standing and looking at something on the ground. One girl was on her cellphone and looked like she was very distressed, so I got the feeling that whatever was there wasn't good... but I couldn't see it until I got up close. Yeah, it was a dead guy. Some homeless guy, lying on the ground in a very unnatural position, head to the wall and still clutching an empty bottle. Oh, and he was purple. Gross. And depressing. And definitely not what you want to see right after a long night of drinking. I heard sirens in the distance coming our way, so I guess those people called the police. I was gonna barf, though, so I rolled out.

This coming Saturday there is a big anti-war rally downtown. I usually avoid these things because I hate hippies, but there are some good bands playing so I'm gonna go check it out. Here is the press on it:

"
International recording stars Thievery Corporation are bringing together several notable musical acts such as Ted Leo and The Pharmacists, Le Tigre, Bouncing Souls, country music recording artist Steve Earle, socially conscious hip hop groups like The Coup, the rock 'n soul group The Bellrays, along with progressive activists/performers Head-Roc, Jello Biafra, Wayne Kramer of the MC5 and many others for a free concert on the Washington Monument grounds."

Should be a good time, plus you get to be put on a government watch list! Yeah. Anyone else want to go?

Also, this is one of my favorite new blogs.

1 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger The Redonkulous Linker said...

Good find on that Deadspin blog, its money. It is written/edited by the same guy as Blacktable.com, another funny-ass website out there.


As far as the concert: Ted Leo, Steve Earle, and Etan Thomas - sounds like badass combo to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home